No matter how much you talk about it or prepare for it, losing a spouse is something you’ll never think would happen to you – especially when you’re 34 years old and 6 months pregnant with your third child.
In this tragedy-to-triumph episode, I talk to mom, military wife, and author Ashley Bugge about the heartbreaking loss of her husband in a scuba diving accident. Ashley shares how she dealt with the trauma, the challenge of raising her 3 little kids by herself and how she is facing life and moving forward day by day.
Ashley summoned every ounce of grit and determination within herself to figure out how to move through the greatest adversity and from it, turn tragedy into triumph.
This is a tearjerker you will not want to miss!
In Today’s Episode We Discuss:
- Ashley’s adventurous life with husband Brian
- The tragic accident that left Ashley a widow at 34 years old
- How Ashley went through acceptance, grief, and healing
- How to communicate with your kids about the death of a parent and help them find their voices to express grief
- The value of support from family and friends
- Why you shouldn’t feel alone in your tragedy
- How writing and setting goals can help you cope with grief
- How to turn the tragedy of losing a spouse into a triumph
Grief takes on different forms and it never goes away, but you have to continue on your journey and find the confidence to know where you’re at, where you’re going and how to get there after losing a loved one.
Ashley is such a Leading Lady as she overcame extreme adversity. She’s a victor, not a victim, of her circumstances. I hope this episode inspired you to get out there. Seize the day. Live your life. Live it well. Don’t wait for tragedy to take anything away from you just yet out there and make your dreams come true.
Until next time!
Where to find Ashley:
Subscribe & Review on Apple Podcasts
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today so you don’t miss any future episodes! I already have so many amazing guests and topics lined up, I would hate for you to miss a single one! Click here to subscribe on Apple Podcasts
Could I ask a big favor? If you are loving the podcast, I would LOVE it if you would leave me a review on Apple Podcasts. I read each and every review. Plus, you get to pay it forward because it will allow other leading ladies like you to find the podcast!